Local SEO is all about promoting websites locally; it may be organic rankings or using Google Places, Yahoo Map and Bing Map. This type of SEO is best suited for businesses doing business locally. A combination of Local SEO and organic SEO efforts works wonders for client’s site. Check different types of keyword rankings in Google:
PPC Results (Paid Searches)
PPC is a type of paid campaign where advertisers login to Google Adwords and run ads on pay per click basis. It’s very much costly if anyone chooses wrong keyword and not getting any conversions because you are paying on every click visitors making from Google searches. The CPC of many keywords may go up to $100 per click.
Google Places Local Listings
This type of listings are well known as Google places listings, not all keywords shows local business listings and competition is a bit tough as only few listings comes up in Google map listings above organic keyword rankings. Various steps are required while verifying ownership of business over Google.com as Google verify ownership using phone verification or by sending postcard on business address with 5 digit verification code.
This is one where we optimize a webpage and do off page promotions in order to improve keyword rankings of a website in search engines.
It’s important to enhance your business listings in Google Places or Google maps as Google.com is one of the most popular search engine over web.
Steps to Your Business Listing in Google Places
- Claim or List Your Business in Google Places – This is one of the basic step, if your business is already listed in Google Places claim it if it’s not listed then List Your Business in Google Places (places.google.com/business)
- Use Complete Address and Phone Numbers – It’s always best to use complete address in Google Places, Local numbers always works well instead of toll-free number.
- Description – Add a description which best describe your business, no need to add repetetive kewywords in Description as it may penalizing your listing.
- Choose Categories that Best Suits Your Niche – One of the most important step which may plays a vital role in rankings. Google Places gives suggestions it’s always best to choose suggested categories, you can choose categories of your choice also.
- List Your Primary or Main Website – Many business have more then one website, in that case list your main website in Google Places.
- Add Photos and Videos – Try to improve user experience, it may helps a lot when your prospective clients visit your Google Places page.
- Add Additional Details to Your Listing – Add custom details in your business listings. Check this link for more info: Additional Details
- Coupons – Give Special Discounts to Potential Customers.
- Reviews – Encourage users to post reviews over your Business Listing (don’t SPAM).
- List Your Business in Yahoo Map, Bing Map and Other Local Business Directories – Listings that include local address info (SuperPages.com, YellowPages.com, CitySearch.com, etc.)